( WELDFAST & WELDALLOY)
COMMON PROBLEMS AND REMEDIES
1. High rigidity of joint
1. Preheat, use peening, change welding
sequence, increase cross section or bead
2. Unsound welds
2. Check for porosity and inclusions.
3. Defective electrodes
(high or low moisture in coating,
poor core wire)
3.Change electrode, control moisture by
4. Poor fit up.
4. Improve edge preparation and fit up
Reduce root gap.
5. Small or shallow bead.
5. Increase cross selection of bead.
Change electrode type/size.
Excessive carbon or alloy pick up
from base metal.
6. Reduce penetration by low current and
increase travel speed. Change to low
7. Angular distortion, causing tension
at root run.
7. Balance welding on both sides, use peening.
8. Excessive sulphur in base metal.
8. Use EXX 16 electrodes.
Cracking - Base Metal
X-10/2, Kalpataru Premises, Milap Nagar, MIDC, Dombivli (E) - 421203, Maharashtra, INDIA
( 0251 ) 2442719* Fax : ( 0251 ) 2860227
Designed & Hosted by :
Promoted by :